Monday 6 March 2017

Photo day! (Attempt No.1)

(Attempt number 1...)

Today I have planned to take my photos for my magazine!

I have decided to use two different models, one for the front cover and one for the double page spread.

97 photos later.. I have organised each individual photo into files, of where I might use it, and included a folder of photos which turned out blurry unfortunately. 


Front cover attempt No.1

 After hours of debating which photo to use out of the many, many photos I have taken, here are a select few which made the cut. I decided to use these photos for my rough cut as they clearly portray the indie genre as my model is pulling the 'shocked' facial expression, in which other indie magazines use as mentioned previously in my front cover analysis's. I asked my model to wear a denim jacket as it is simplistic and do not draw your focus to the clothing and also fits in wit the indie genre.

My model is also wearing sun glasses which I think fits the indie genre as it makes the model look 'chilled' which is one of the looks indie artists try to portray. When taking the photos I made sure that there was enough room at the top of the image for the mast head, and made sure that there was space around the edge so that I could add test around this.






































Double page spread attempt No.1
For my double page spread, I chose to use a different model to my front cover as it shows a variety of people. The images I took of my model were close up in which show strong facial expressions. Although I am not 100% happy with these photo's, they portray a indie genre. When it comes to my final cut, I will listen to feed back from my Ta, teacher and class mates, letting me know how I can improve all of the photos through out all my pages.








Contents page attempt No.1

For my contents page, I planned of having a plain white background and adding photos along the right hand side of the page, with the text on the left hand side. I wanted this page to look minimal and simplistic, like the Mojo contents page analysed in my research. Here are some photos of both my models that i considered adding to my contents page.

 Here are photos of both models. I chose took a variety of shots, form extreme close up to mid shots. The 2nd bottom photo would be cropped into a landscape photo like the other photos are like so that when they are pasted and edited onto my inDesign document, they are even and equally spread apart. I chose for my model to wear brightly coloured vivid eye shadows as they stand out making the model look fun and quirky, which is what is wanted when portraying a indie artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment