Tuesday 21 March 2017

Total new contents page design..

Today I was looking back at my initial contents research and was comparing contents pages that I analysed.
As I wasn't too keen on the design I used in mu rough cut (I was inspired by Mojo) I have today decided to discard my original design and start again using a different layout.

I prefers the busier content pages as more of the indie magazine I researched used this style, and I personally think that it looks more professional full of text and images. I decided to not use my rough cut design as it was looking very bare, I wasn't happy with the photos and the layout I used. 

After a couple hours spent researching a bit more into contents pages (magazines such as NME and Q), I have decided what I would like my contents to look like. 
Below, I have done a (very..) rough sketch of a contents page. I have added where I would like photos, the exact text I would like to see in it, the layout if the page and conventions such as lines separating text out, the name of the magazine and date at the bottom and the page numbers. 
I have also decided to add social media usernames and a website address, as the internet plays a major part in today's society, so with these links, it allows my audience to be the first to know about when exclusive issues are coming out, what will be in the issues and most important, who is going to be inside the issues.

To ensure that this style of magazine still suits my TA, I asked 5 members of my TA which style they think looked better and they said that my new style is better as it is busier and has more content on, which is appealing as there are lots more artists names on there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment