Friday 10 March 2017

Rough cut double page spread analysis

Here is my double page spread from my rough cut magazine. Although I am again not 100% happy again with this double page spread, it is acceptable for a rough cut.

Here is a list of what I like about the double page spread
- I like how the title of the artist is spread across the two pages and the surname is bigger than the first, as the artist can be refereed to with her second name.
-I also like how I have added 2 orange lines around the quote in the middle of the page. This makes the article stand out/intrigue audience and looks professional as other music magazines have used this technique as well
-The amount of text and the size of the text is satisfactory as it fits the page and I like the look of three columns.
-The overall article text I am happy with as I have thought of relevant questions and answers.
-I( have left a gap between the two pages, so that when the page is folded in half, the text wont be cut off.

What I need to improve
 -My columns are not equal- the middle column is not the same width as the first one which makes it look armature and not professional.
-The facial expression isn't quiet what I am looking for, it looks to 'moody' and isn't the more 'shocked/clueless' facial expression I am looking for. 
-My colour scheme of black white and orange isn't very clear or equal on this page, therefor I need to add more orange text/lines on the page so that it is clear this is my colour scheme.
-I am not keen on the random quote at the top of the left hand side page as it looks like it has juts been placed there and has no relevance.
-Although I do like the orange bar at the bottom, I need to add more of these to balance the page properly.
Overall, I know I need to rearrange the text on the page, add more orange, replace some of the quotes into more relevant places and I know I need to retake my photos, so that the model is pulling the correct facial expression- Therefor I am going to do some further research into solo female music artists so I can get a clearer idea into what these facial expressions look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment