Thursday 30 March 2017

Update on double page spread

As I already had the article written for my double page spread, I went over it again and finalised it. As I wasn't fully happy with my rough cut I made some alterations to the double page spread. 

I wanted to change the photo I used in my rough cut as I got feedback from my teacher and class mates saying the the pose the model was pulling looked too aggressive for the indie genre. I had also realised that the model didn't match the front cover model, which is why I decided to take some photos of my model I used on the front cover, so that I could use another photo of her on my double page spread, however for the time being, I added a different photo until I decided on the appropriate photo to use.




On my double page spread, I decided to change the artists name form Abi Sparks to Luna Cooper. I replaced the old name with the new one.






I also realised that the spacing of my columns wasn't equal at all, so used the rulers in inDesign to ensure that the columns  were even and straight. While doing this I also decided to change the colour of the questions I had wrote to orange so they stood out more.




I also added more conventions I had missed out- the page number. Along with the page number, I added the name of the magazine and the date the magazine was issued. I also added a orange line (keeping the running house style) below the bottom of the text so it is separated form the main article text. I ensured that the page number of this article matched the contents page, talking about the interview. 




I decided to remove the random quote at the top of my image on my rough cut, and add more information in the orange boxes at the bottom of the image instead. I decided to do this, as it is more convectional and the quote at the top of the image didn't blend in well and looked out of place.



Here is a overall comparison of my rough cut double page spread and mid -to- final cut of my double page spread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment