Sunday 12 February 2017

Contents page analysis 1


nme front contents page012Colour                                                             There is a predominantly colour scheme of red, white and black. This tri colour scheme is usually found in magazine, especially NME as this is the house style scheme they follow. The colour scheme is kept consistent through out the magazine, with the front cover, contents page and double page spread all counting the colour red. I have decided to use the convention of only using my house style colours in the making of my contents page as it adds a professional style to the magazine and shows a strong coloration between the pages. I am therefor going to keep house style running through out my pages.
Layout
This contents page is very typical of NME as they tend to stick to the same theme of their contents by having images in the middle, text on the right and some sort of information under the image. The name of the magazine is at the top of the contents page, in a large font,  it stands out and come across as being a very important feature of the magazine. This magazines uses lines to separate their sections of the contents page and uses their colour scheme of black, white and red to highlight these lines. I have decided that I am going to use the layout on this contents page as inspiration for when I create my contents page as I like how busy it looks full of storeys. I am also going to incorporate the idea of having line coming down my contents pages as I believe this adds a professional quality to my contents page.

Image
This consent page has used 1 image, to show importance of the article. The image is showing 2 male band members, persuasively playing at a gig. The image is highlighted as one of the key features of the magazine as it is central inside on the contents and is the biggest aspect on the consent page, therefor drawn in the audience, making them want to read on. I like how the image is so big and draws the audience attention in, therefor might consider this when making my magazine.

There is also a subscription box a the bottom of this magazine, in which the audience signs up and gets to save money on their next issue. I really like this convention and therefor am going to use it in my magazine as I feel like it makes the magazine look like a existing one as it is a quality that lots of magazines use.





No comments:

Post a Comment