Tuesday 14 February 2017

Contents page analysis 3

The masthead of the content page is written in a solid black colour, which I believe is very effective as it is bold and therefor easy to read. The date and issue number, along with the text, doesn't obstruct the image on the content page. As there is only 1 image on this content page, it is important to understand that it cannot be mask by writing otherwise it would look too plain. The cover story is easily found on this contents page, as it is segregated form all the other text and is therefor easily identified and more predominant within the page. 
The other page uses the convention of having the page number in the tri colour scheme therefor I am going to use this convention, as the contents pages I have analysed so far use this feature.

The contents page also adds a quote at the bottom of the text from one of the articles. The quote has mystery to it making the audience want to read on more and know what the artist is talking about. I really like this feature of having a quote at the bottom of the page as I believe it will attract the audience a lot more, as they will want to know what the quote is about. 

A date and issue number has been added between 2 red dotted lines above all of the text and the main part of the image. This is a classic code and convention of any continents pages as it divided this information from the article and also it doesn't look to busy and messy 

The mise-en-scene for the male artist in this image is highly unusual for a music magazine, as the man is lacking clothing which usually isn't seen on a content page, however, it does portray his reckless not caring attitude, which can be shown by indie artist. Although I am not going to have my model wearing a lack of clothing, I am going to make them have attitude on the photo I take as I want to portray the indie genre as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment