Friday 10 February 2017

Front cover analysis 4

Image
Although this is a different genre magazine, it looks very similar to the front cover of NME that I have just previously analysed. The image on this front cover shows a black and white close up of a male soloist, where by his image is in front of the masthead. The male artist is wearing quite  a basic bit of clothing and isn't giving eye contract to the camera. the model is looking away from the camera and is pulling a slightly confused facial expression. In my magazine, I have decided to use the contention of having a soloist o my front cover. However, I am not going to carry forwards the feature of having the artist not making eye contact with the audience, because it gives a more mysterious  feel to the magazine, which isn't the feel I am gong for. i am going to carry forwards the closeness of the photo as i feel like this looks effective.



Mast head
The masthead on this is 1 plain simple letter, with a red box behind, which also links in with the colour scheme of red. I have notices so far that lots of magazine use the colour scheme red, therefor will consider this factor if my audience choose to use the colour red as I dont want my magazine being masked by already existing establish magazine such as NME and Q. The masthead on the image is behind the photo of the artist, however I dont think this quality as I believe that the masthead is one of the most important features of a magazines this is what gives the audience the identity of the magazine. The masthead is on the left side of the magazine. Therefor, I have decided to use a basic name for my magazine, ensure that the title is bold and easily readable. 

Colour scheme
The colour scheme in this magazine is red, white and black. The important features such as the name for the artist that double spread is going to be on is written in red. I really like the convention of having a tri colour scheme and having important text written in the red colour. I also like how the scheme of red is bright and colourful & I think that this makes the articles and magazine standout. I will use the code and convention is having a tri colour scheme, making sure important text is written in my colour scheme and ensure that the colour I do decide to use is bright and bold.

Fonts
This magazines uses a similar range of fonts and uses clear and easy to red fonts. The font has a blocky sharp look to it, which makes the font easy to read and very clear. This magazine used a range of at least 2 different fonts which I really like. I have decided that I am going ti use 2 different fonts for my text and masthead, as I want there to be a clear difference between these 2 conventions of a magazine. I am going to ensure the the fonts \I do use have a blocky sharp look to them and that they are understandable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment