Friday 17 February 2017

Double page spread analysis 1

NME Double page spread
This double page spread is from the popular music magazine NME.
The page used a predominantly colour scheme of black, white and orange. The orange colour is bright and is showmen off by contrasting against the white background on the text side and the dark filtered photo on the left side of the page.
The conventional 3 columns of text is split up by the use of a quote in the middle of it, breaking down the text and also giving the reader a very brief over view of what the magazine is going to be about. 
The orange colour scheme is a gender neutral colour often repenting creativity, which matches with the under tine of the indie genre. This use of orange will help appeal to those readers that look into a magazine for how the editor portrays it, resulting in a niche audience being formed. The double page spread has the image places on the left and the text on the right, which is very conventional for a magazine of this genre.
The article starts off with a very large drop capital, which is very bold and stands out. 

In my double page spread, I plan to make mine similar to this page, by adding a drop capital in, using a quote to divide my text up which will be written in 3 columns and ensure that there is text on the image page. I will also ensure that my text is wrote in a easy to read font, in lower case. I will make the title of my double page spread in capitals as this is what this NME magazine has done and I think looks very effective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment