Thursday 23 February 2017

Magazine name idea's

During today's lesson, I stared to think about the name of my magazine. I did some research into all the different indie magazines there is and created a spider diagram of their names. I also created a spider diagram of possible names I will use. 

I will then ask my TA which name they prefer and will use the name which has the highest percentage of votes.

Here is a spider diagram of existing indie magazine names 
My findings show that most indie music magazines have a short simplistic mastheads, consisting of between 1 and 5 letters, with some exclusions. A lot of the mastheads are noises e.g. Clash, Kerrange, and are usually made up of 1 word.


Here is a spider diagram of name ideas for my music magazine

I decided to use these 6 options for name ideas as they are short and simplistic, excluding the name unplugged, and all relate to music in some way e.g. Vibe- people get good 'vibe' when listening to music they like. Beat- music has a beat to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment