Monday 27 February 2017

Font research

In lesson time, we discussed the different style of fonts there is, how music magazine layout their information and image and discussed the key conventions of the popular music magazine NME.

Displaying IMG_6773.JPGI also researched into different style's of magazines. Predominantly there are 2 styles, 1 being the 'blocky' look and the 2nd being 'heavy image based.' After looking at other Indie style magazines, I have chosen to use the heavily image based style as most other Indie magazines use this look and it fits the genre well.

I have also decided to use 'San-Serif' font as it gives a more informal friendly look, which is what I'm looking for. I looked though numerous magazines and looked at their style and layout as this helped me finalise on the layout and font style I am going to go for.

When analysing NME, I noted all the key conventions on how they make their magazine unique and their layout on the pages. I closely looked into the detail on who they portray an 'indie' image and I then took into account how I can use this information on my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment